WHAT IS SOURSOP?
Soursop known as Graviola, guabanana, or Brazilian paw paw, is a broadleaf, flowering, evergreen tree. It is native to the tropicalregions of the Americas, the Caribbean and is widely planted in many parts of the world.
- The fruits are dark green and prickly. They are ovoid and can be up to 30 centimeters long, with a moderately firm texture.
- The flesh of the fruit consists of an edible, white pulp, some fiber, and a core of indigestible black seeds.
- Due to its firm texture, it is often used for beverages , and other sweet foods.
- Soursop fruits consist of energy, carbohydrates, sugar, dietary fiber, fat, protein, vitamins (e.g. B1, B2, B3, B5, B9, choline, magnesium, especially C) and minerals.
- This fruit is in high antioxidants.
Soursop is rich in fiber, vitamins and mineral
Soursop has so many nutrients, including carbohydrates, fructose, various vitamins and ascorbic acid. Sour-sweet taste of this fruit makes it a favorite for a variety of juices and beverages.
The health benefits including
1. Curing Cancer and many diseases
Soursop contains numerous phytonutrients that can fight disease-causing cells and even certain kinds of cancers.
2. Increasing Immune System – Increasing energy
The content of fructose in soursop can keep you fresh, and can drain energy.
Moreover, soursop fruit contained acetogenins, annocatacin, annocatalin, annohexocin, annonacin, annomuricin, anomurine, anonol, caclourine, gentisic acid, gigantetronin, linoleic acid, muricapentocin. It makes our body stay fit.
3. They help stabilize blood sugar levels
Including carbohydrates, fructose, various vitamins and ascorbic acid, so take twice soursop juice daily, can help stabilize blood sugar levels.
4. High Vitamin C and rich in Fiber
Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant to increase endurance and slow the aging process.
It is also very rich in non-nutritional components. One of them is to contain a lot of fiber (dietary fiber), fiber is very good for digestive health.
5. Preventing Osteoporsis, nerve damage and maintain a healthy heart
The content of phosphorus and calcium in soursop is high that is very good for strong bones and to prevent osteoporosis.
Additionally, Vitamin B1 and B2 able to accelerate metabolism, blood circulation, prevents nerve damage, restoring the nervous disorders, and maintenance of the heart muscle.
Warmly welcome to read more information here